Big in partnership with ITV has announced that The People’s Millions programme has re-opened for applications. The People’s Millions is seeking applications from voluntary and community groups; local authorities; schools; statutory health bodies; and social enterprises for projects that help people to transform or enjoy their environment or communities. A total of £3.8 million is available through the programme and 4 awards of up to £50,000 will be made in each ITV region. Examples of previously funded projects include; Ahoy Sailing centre in Deptford, a charity committed to giving young, old and disable people the chance to take part in a wide range of water-based sports; and Grey Court School to enable the school to undertake the first phase of a larger project which is to set up a small animal farm to encourage students and local people to get involved in producing locally grown fresh food. The closing date for applications is the 13th May 2013….
Who can enter?
- You can enter if you’re a voluntary or community organisation, school, local authority or health body.
- We’ll also consider entries from branches of organisations or partnerships.
- But we won’t accept entries from other organisations or individuals.
How much is available?
- You can ask for between £20,000 and £50,000 (including VAT).
What will we pay for?
- We can pay for all your project costs.
- Or you can ask us to pay for part of a larger project.
- If you’re a voluntary or community organisation, we’ll also contribute towards your organisation’s overheads.
- But the amount you ask us for must be at least half the total cost of your project.
- And we won’t pay for your existing work, anything you spend or agree to before the phone vote, or new buildings.
What else do I need to know?
- We’ll only consider one application per organisation.
- If you want to work on land or a building and you don’t own the freehold, you must get a lease or written permission for five years