The Santander Foundation has launched a new grants fund worth £1.23 million. Designed to be quick and easy to use, nominations can be made by charities as well as Santander customers and staff. Just visit any Santander branch and complete a simple nomination form.The completed form should be dropped into the box provided in your local branch. There are no closing dates and entries will be regularly considered by a panel of staff drawn from across the region. Successful charities will be notified within 2 months of submitting their nomination. If you do not hear from us within 2 months you should assume that you haven’t been successful and you are free to submit another nomination.
The grant needs to fund something specific. Just two examples would be a piece of equipment or to pay for the costs of a part time sessional worker. It must also directly help disadvantaged people in your local area.
The only criteria for the Community Plus grants are:
- must be a UK registered charity
- must be a local charity or local project of a larger charity
- the grant must benefit local disadvantaged people
Please note the following cannot be funded:
- Unregistered charities, not for profit groups, Community Amateur Sports Clubs, exempt or excepted charities
- Community Interest Companies or Social Enterprises
- Charities which restrict their beneficiaries to a single religious or single ethnic group
- One off events and conferences, sponsorship or fundraising activities
- Party political activity