The Strengthening Disabled People’s User-Led Organisations (DPULOs) Programme is funding from the Department for Work and Pensions. The aim of the fund is to:
• Increase the sustainability of DPULOs
• Enable new DPULOs to be created.
DPULOs and organisations working towards achieving that status can apply. They define DPULOs as those organisations that:
• Are led and controlled by disabled people and have a minimum membership of 75% of disabled people on their board
• Actively demonstrate their commitment to disabled people by employing disabled staff and volunteers
• Actively demonstrate their commitment to the Social Model of Disability.
Organisations can apply for up to £30,000 over the course of the programme, which runs until March 2015. This can be received as the result of one application, or of several. To date, the average awards made by the fund is approximately £12,500.
There are 15 ‘Local Ambassadors’ for the fund. You should make contact with your Local Ambassador to discuss your application before developing or submitting anything.
More information and an application form are available from the website.
Deadline: Ongoing, the panel meets every six weeks
Contact: Making a Difference team