O2, the mobile phone and broadband provider, runs a Think Big fund for young people wanting to make a difference. People aged from 13 – 25, can apply to the fund for support with a project to improve their local community. Successful applicants will get:
* £300 cash for the project
* Training and support
* £30 mobile credit to share around the project group
* A Think Big merchandise pack
* Communications tools
* Support from the team of O2 helpers.
Examples of projects to date include anti-knife campaigns, youth music mixing and production, youth clubs and kayaking with disabled youngsters.
Some groups will be invited to take their projects further, and could go on to get:
* Up to £2500 cash for their project (given in stages)
* Free O2 broadband for a year
* £50 phone credit
* Support from O2 helpers
* The chance to win gig tickets and merchandise for the project group
* The opportunity to apply for an O2 apprenticeship.
For more information, see the O2 Think Big website.